Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A little history about me

I went to the University of the Arts and received a Bachelors of Fine Arts in ceramics.  I started out as an education major, but ended up focusing more of my credits on the arts.  I really enjoyed my experience and life in artsy/historical Philadelphia.  I received my teaching certificate and Masters of Art and Teaching at Montclair State University.  Through this process I was given the opportunity to take many courses in the fine arts as well as in art history.  This made me the well rounded artist that I am, and further prepared me to be an art educator. 

In the past I have taught Sunday school, ran the art department at a summer camp, and worked at a ceramics outreach program in Philadelphia.  Each program was better than the last and, combined with real world experience in retail and restaurants, has made me a very minded person.  Three years ago I covered a maternity leave here in Bergenfield for art grades Pre-K-5 at Lincoln and Washington.

I am so thankful to be back at Lincoln, the students and staff have welcomed me with open arms.  It is one thing to create and appreciate art and another to watch the pride of students create it themselves.  Nothing makes me happier than looking at the work of the students and reflecting upon how much time and effort they put into their work.  Please enjoy the work that is posted as much as I do.  If you have any questions please email me mwells@bergenfield.org

Thank you,

Mrs. Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment